SEO Meta Title & Meta Description
The “meta” stands for “metadata,”. Meta tags in search engine optimization (SEO) are used to describe a page’s content; the Meta tags don’t appear on the page itself, but only in the page’s code. We all know tags from blog culture, and meta tags are more or less the same thing, little content descriptors that help tell search engines what a web page is about. Meta tags only exist in HTML, usually at the “head” of the page, and so are only visible to search engines (and people who know where to look). Meta tags are HTML elements that provide information about a web page for search engines and website visitors.
Know your Meta Tags
These elements must be placed as tags in the <head> section of a HTML document. The Meta Tags will look something like this:
These elements are:
- Meta Title
- Meta Description
- Meta Description:
This is the text you’ll see at the top of your browser. Search engines view this text as the “title” of your page.
- The importance of title tag in search engine optimization (SEO) is decision-making process of whether a searcher will click on your result or not.
- How to write great title tag
Primary Keyword – Secondary Keyword | Brand Name
- The character length should be 50-60 words because Google typically displays the first 50-60 characters of a title tag or as many characters as will fit into a 512-pixel display. If you keep your titles under 55 characters, you can expect at least 95% of your titles to display properly.
- Where to add title tag?
You can add a title tag in the <head> section in your site’s HTML.
- Meta Description:
The meta description is the short paragraph of text placed in the HTML of a webpage that describes its content. The meta description will then appear under your page’s URL in the search results.
- The character length can be any length, but search engines generally truncate snippets longer than 160 characters. It should be around 135 to 160 characters.
- The importance of Meta description tag in search engine optimization (SEO) is it can influence the decision of the searcher as to whether they want to click through on your content from search results or not.
- Where to add the meta description?
You can add a meta description in the <head> section of your site’s HTML.
<meta name=”description” content=”Here is a precise description of my awesome webpage.”>
- Meta tags tell search engines what your page is about.
- Grab the attention of searchers.
- Visitors can get their search result.
Examples of Meta title and Meta Description:
Meta Title Preview:
Meta Description Preview:
Author: eMarket Education
eMarketeducation, an integrated digital marketing training institute located in Koramangala, Bangalore cover the broad foundation of Digital Marketing and explores further into the specialist areas of SEO, PPC Google AdWords, Social Media Marketing & Google Analytics.
These blogs are about digital marketing tips. Contact us to learn more: http://www.emarketeducation.in/contact-us/