SNAPCHAT IN MARKETING
What exactly is Snapchat and how does it work?
Snapchat as per definition is a mobile app that allows users to send and receive “self-destructing” videos and pictures. It’s a fun app, which allows you to take pictures and videos and send it to your friends which can be viewed for 10 seconds before it just disappears. You can also add captions or doodles or filter/lens over top, before sending it. The major target audience comprises of teenagers and adults. It sure is seen as a better platform to interact with a group.
A story can be framed and broadcasted to followers or the recipients, who can view the content unlimited times in 24hours, which eventually disappear forever, they say. What makes it so special is the emotional touch it gives by the display of pictures making it very personal. Texting an apology note is not as powerful a tool as sending a video with the same message.
Apart from that, there are geo filters that capture the place you are in and project it in a snap with creative overlays, now opening up new business and spreading a word across is much more exciting and fun rather than opting for the traditional means of advertisement. No tool is more powerful than Social Media today, and Snapchat sure is picking up momentum and spreads the news like wildfire. The basic funda of Snapchat is “Be engaged in the Moment”, enjoy while it lasts!
Benefits of Snapchat
There are enormous benefits of Snapchat. Listed below are just a few of them:
- Snapchat helps you interact with your customers in a different way, in a very interactive way, probably one of the most powerful ways
- Definitely, a fun way to interact and be engaged with your target audience, which would make your business one of the most sought-after
- It’s one of the best ways to connect with the new audience. You interact with a group and there are a group of others just watching you, slowly being converted into your target audience without you having to go out of the way to convince them
- The customers feel comfortable and a feeling of trust develops because of the personal interactions and snaps associated with it, making it easier to connect with your business. And since the stories don’t stay for more than 24 hours, fresh ones are made every day, making it more exciting, unlike other ads that stay forever and gets annoying after a point
- The customers can have a preview of your business by getting a glimpse of your workplace. When you show your audience what exactly happens behind the four walls, it makes your business more attractive and instills excitement and also gets them familiar with the entire set up. Just like movies and their behind the scenes trailers, it grabs the attention of the audience who get more attracted and excited watching the behind the scenes shots and most of them make it a point to watch the movie just to check how it looks on screen with all the effects and they are able to correlate it to what’s being shown on screen. Snapchat makes your business more attractive, comfortable, and the audience feels like they belong to the team
- Make the audience feel that they are dealing with a business that is up to date with the latest trends. By displaying snaps that are attractive and hip projecting to the audience that they are associated with a business that is on par with the needs of the changing world, makes the customer feel that they are not engaged with brands that are old fashioned. After all, always be ahead of times
Snapchat is about living in the moment, breathing in your experience, unlike YouTube or Facebook where an unwanted ad keeps repeating over and over again making it very bothersome.
- Snapchat helps you vlog with minimal effort without significant editing. It’s raw, relatively easy, you vlog and move on
- It makes Social Media analytics easier, it gives u a better understanding of who is getting engaged with your content, it shows you every single person who is engaged in your snaps giving you the exact picture of the people getting involved in the content you created. The more engaged your audience is, the better it is for your business
Snapchat gives us the width to engage on a deeper level.
Constantly Updated Standards & Advanced Course
- Optimized for mobile users and get 9 times completion rate compared to horizontal videos making it more accessible and user-friendly which helps your business to reach different types of audience at a faster pace
How is Snapchat different from other Social Media platforms?
Snapchat helps you live the moment. The stories do not repeat over and over again, rather it just disappears and remains in your memory and a new story appears making it more unique leaving the audience thirsty for more.
Statistics: From the latest report, it has been found that:
- There are 300+ million MONTHLY ACTIVE USERS
- There are 173 million DAILY ACTIVE SNAPCHAT USERS
- 18% of US Social Media users use SNAPCHAT
- Number of snaps created every day is 1 million
- 60% of 18-34 yrs.’ old use Snapchat in the US.
- 65% users upload Photos and videos
- There are 10 billion video views daily on Snapchat
- 71% of Snapchat users are under 34 years old.
- Roughly 70% of Snapchatusers are female.
- 30% of US MillennialInternet Users use Snapchat regularly.
- People under the age of 25 use Snapchat for 40 minutes on average every day, more than Instagram’s latest stat for same demographic.
- 50% of male college students share selfies on Snapchat, the number is higher in Female college students. 77% to be precise.
- 45% of Snapchat users are aged between 18-24.
- Snapchat reaches 11%of Total US Digital population.
- More than 25% of UK Smartphone users are on Snapchat, in Norway the number goes up to 50%.
- In Q2 2017, 81% of Snap’s second-quarter revenue came from North America.
- Snapchat generated $3.1 million in 2014, for a company valued at $20 billion this is far from being profitable.
- Snapchat lost $128 million in 2014 and the only revenue they generated was only in last few months of 2014.
- Snapchat’s largest expenses, aside from payroll, came from $47 million spent on product and $13.7 million for “outside services.”
- Snapchat is valued at $15 billion last time it raised money.
- Snapchat has filed for an IPO that could value the company at $25 billion.
- Active Snapchatters open the app 18+time every day.
- More than 400 million Snapchat stories are created per day.
- The average daily user of Snapchat creates more than 20 messages, or “snaps,” per day.
- It would take you 10 years to view all the photos shared on Snapchat in the last hour.
- By the time you’d viewed those, another 880,000 years’ worth of photos would have been shared.
- More than 20,000 photos are shared every second.
Note: The data are taken from www.omnicoreagency.com There are more than 10 billion daily active Snapchatters and the number is still growing when compared to it, YouTube gets only 3 billion views a day
Case study Cassey neistat — A popular filmmaker, who dedicates his time to make in-depth movies for YouTube, uses Snapchat to get up close with his fans, by documenting his every life on Snapchat, once the story is completed he compiles them all and posts it on YouTube which can be viewed by everyone when every they want. His fans, in particular, get a closer insight into his personal life, which they obviously like, and wait for the next clip. Not only that, once they get a glimpse of his personal life it is but obvious that they try to follow him on other platforms as well. All this helps his business do exceptionally well. The unplanned approach of storytelling without makeup or edits make the snaps seem very personal and intimate and publishing short videos and stories every day makes your business very attractive and also can get a good following which is definitely great for any business.
Author: eMarket Education
eMarketeducation, an integrated digital marketing training institute located in Koramangala, Bangalore cover the broad foundation of Digital Marketing and explores further into the specialist areas of SEO, PPC Google AdWords, Social Media Marketing & Google Analytics.
These blogs are about digital marketing tips. Contact us to learn more: http://www.emarketeducation.in/contact-us/