Automated Rules in Google Adwords
Today I am going to tell you about Automated Rules in Google Adwords. Before we jump into the Automated Rules, let me give a small introduction about types of bidding strategies in Google Ads.
There are 2 types of Bidding Strategies in Google Adwords:-
Check New Google Ads Interface
1. Manual Bidding Strategy
- Manual CPC
2. Automated Bidding Strategy
- Target CPA
- Maximise Clicks
- Maximise Conversion
- Target Outrank Share
- Target ROAS
- Top of the page bid
In Manual Bidding Strategy,
You may choose manual bidding if:-
- You do not have enough conversions to meet the recommendation of Automated Bidding.
- You need 100% control on how you pay for clicks, views, conversions.
- You can set the bid of keywords manually.
If the above-mentioned points do not apply to you, I recommend you to choose Automated Bid Strategy.
In Automated Bidding Strategy,
There are a few options which you can choose to automate your Adwords account under the Automated Bid Strategy to increase conversion while spending less. In this article I will cover all these questions:-
- What are Automated Rules?
- What are the types of changes you can Automate?
- What are the 5 Best AdWords Automated Rules?
- What are the benefits/advantages of Automated Rules?
- How to use Automated Rules in Google Adwords?
Here is an extra information for you. Check “How to Write Compelling PPC Ad Copy”
What are Automated Rules in Google Adwords?
If you manage a PPC Google Adwords account you know it’s not an easy job, managing several campaigns is difficult to optimize. You spend half of the time looking and optimizing your account. To make sure that you don’t exceed your budget, Automated Rules allows you to schedule your ads at the specific times of the day. Control your budget and costs by showing your ads only at the times you choose. Reduce the time required to manage the PPC account. These rules are very useful and save a lot of time. These rules will cut down the need for making frequent changes to your account.
There are some common ways where you can use Automated Rules. For example, on daily basis, you perform the same task on your Google Adwords account. You can automate your account by opting Automated Rules. Based on your daily task routine, you can set automated rules. Let’s discuss more about Automated Rules in Google Adwords.
What are the type of changes you can Automate?
- Status Changes – pause or enable campaigns, ad groups, keywords or ads based on the conditions you set.
- Bid Changes – increase or decrease the bid amount of a keyword or selected keywords.
- Budget Changes – increase or decrease your campaign budget at certain times of the week.
By applying Automated Rules, it will avoid all the manual work. For example, if you want a campaign to run only on Saturdays and Sundays, then you can set Automated Rule for that campaign.
What are the 5 best AdWords Automated Rules in Google Adwords?
- Increase or Decrease Budget on Specific Date/Time
- Plan Promotions to Run During a Fixed Time Interval
- Reduce Keywords bids with a High Cost Per Acquisition (CPA)
- Increase Bids for Converting Keywords Below First-Page Bids
- Set Up Email Alerts for Drastic Changes in Your Campaigns
What are the benefits/advantages of Automated Rules in Google Adwords?
The benefits of using Automated Rules are:-
- It saves your time.
- The budget is controlled.
- Increase conversion while staying in control of your keywords bids.
- The account is easily managed.
- Increase site visit.
- Increase visibility.
How to use Automated Rules in Google Adwords?
Automated Rules let you do changes to your account automatically. Here are the step by step guide on how to use Automated Rules:-
- Sign in to your Google Adwords Account.
- Go to Campaigns, Ad Groups or Keywords.
- Click 3 Dot icon below the Date.
- Select Create an Automated Rule.
- Select “Change Budgets” option form the ” Type of Rule” drop-down menu.
- Select which campaign you want to change the budget
- Click on the “Action” drop-down menu and choose “increase budget” option. You can choose to increase the budget by percentage or by a specific amount. If you want that your budget or cost doesn’t exceed a certain amount, you can set an optional upper budget amount.
- If you want to add a condition, choose +Add under a condition.
- Define the frequency of your rule.
- Choose the type of email you would like to receive on issues affecting your rule.
- Name your rule.
- Click preview to ensure you’ve set up your rule to run the way you want. Preview is just for verification and it doesn’t make any changes to your account.
Regular asked questions in Automated Bidding Strategies;
- why does automating your bid versus using manual bidding contribute to a successful google ads campaign?
- what are two benefits of using automated bidding?
- while managing a successful google ads campaign, why would you choose automated bidding?
- how does automating your bid contribute to a successful google ads campaign?
- what are some of the benefits of leveraging google ads automated bidding strategies?
- when you use an automated bid strategy?
The Bottom Line:
Managing a Google Ads account can be a lot of work, especially if you don’t have dedicated time or team for it. Luckily there are some ways to help automate your accounts built right into the platform.
Want to know more about Automated Rules and Bidding Strategies? Join eMarket education to learn PPC Google Adwords Course.
Read our Articles related to PPC Google Adwords by clicking this link.