SEO Interview Questions and Answers 2020
SEO is a very popular term used in Digital Marketing. The full form of SEO is Search Engine Optimization. There are multiple job openings available in the field of SEO. If you are applying for an SEO Job at a beginner level this will help you in your job interview preparation. There are different specializations in SEO: Blogging, Link Building, SEO Strategy. These SEO Interview Questions and Answers will help you crack your interview.
The common SEO Interview Questions which are asked in an interview are:-
- What is SEO?
- What is Off-Page SEO?
- What is the process of SEO?
- Why does a company/Website need SEO?
- What is the difference between Off-Page SEO and On-Page SEO?
- What is White Hat SEO?
- What is Black Hat SEO?
- What are the tools required for SEO?
- What is Google Crawling and Indexing?
- What are the Best Practices for SEO?
- What are the Ranking Factors in SEO?
- What is 301 Redirect?
- What is Domain?
- What is Google Panda & Penguin
- What are the latest Google Algorithm Updates?
- How is noindex?
- What is canonical URL?
- What is sitemap & robots.txt?
So here’s the detailed answer of above SEO Interview Questions of 2020 for Freshers/Analyst position. It will help you prepare for your SEO Interview Questions;
What is SEO?
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. It is the method of getting quality organic traffic to your website through organic search engine results. It will boost search visibility and Rank in Google. SEO consists of two main elements:-
- On-Page SEO
- Off-Page SEO
The most important On-Page SEO tips are:-
- You Should optimize meta titles and meta descriptions
- Optimize internal links
- Text formatting (use of H1, H2)
- Image Optimization (image size, Alt text)
- Page Speed
- Mobile-friendly pages
- Write top quality content
- External Links
What is Off-Page SEO or Linkbuilding?
Off-Page SEO refers to the techniques which are used to improve the position of a website in SERPs. The most powerful is to do Link Building for your site. Link Building helps you to increase the Rank of your website and gives you quality links.
What is the process of SEO?
The process of SEO covers:-
- Basic Keyword Research
- Website Analysis
- Competitor analysis
- Write Unique and good length article
- Do link Building
- Analyze the reports from an Analytics Tool
Why does a Business/Website need SEO?
The majority of online traffic is driven by search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing. There are many other ways to generate traffic to your website such as social media, display Ads. SEO can improve your business to grow and meet company objects. SEO is also great for the social promotion of your website. People who find your website by searching on Google or Yahoo are more likely to promote it on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or other social media channels. It is an investment with a high return.
What is the main difference between SEO On-page & Off-page?
On-page SEO deals with the aspects that can be optimized on your website. Off-page SEO is for the ranking of your website. The main elements included in on-page optimization are noted below:
- Title of the page
- Meta description and Meta Title
- Image and pictures
- URL structure and domain information
- User-friendly navigation and quick loading
- Fresh and quality content
- Optimized external and internal links
Off-page SEO is a combination of:-
- Social Media
- Social Bookmarking
- Link Building
What is White Hat SEO?
The term “white hat SEO” refers to SEO tactics that are in line with the terms and requirements of the important search engines, including Google. Examples of white hat SEO include:
- Offering quality content and services
- Fast site loading times and mobile-friendliness
- Using descriptive, keyword-rich meta tags
- Making your site easy to navigate
What is Black Hat SEO?
Black hat SEO refers to a collection of practices that are used to increases a site or page’s rank in search engines by means that violate the search engines’ terms of service. Examples of Blackhat SEO include:
- Content Automation
- Doorway Pages
- Hidden Text or Links
- Keyword Stuffing
- Reporting a Competitor (or Negative SEO)
- Sneaky Redirects
What are the required SEO tools?
The tools which are required for SEO are:-
- Google Keyword Planner Tool
- Google Analytics
- Google Webmaster
- Google Trends
- Similar web
- Screaming Frog
- SEMRush (paid version)
Read our article on FREE MUST TRY SEO TOOLS TO SUPERCHARGE YOUR SEARCH RANKINGS IN 2018
What is Google Crawling and Indexing?
Crawling is a term applied when Google or another search engine, send a bot or spider to a webpage. Crawling is the prime element of having a search engine to identify your page and display it in search results.
What are the SEO Best Practices?
- The title tag should be written like this: Primary Keyword – Secondary Keyword | Brand Name
- Use a pipe at the end before your brand name
- Avoid duplicate title tags
- Write the title at 55 characters or less in length, including spaces
- Unique description with business USPs
Check this article on “How to Write Compelling SEO Ads?”
What are the SEO Ranking Factors?
- An Accessible URL
- Page Speed (Including Mobile Page Speed)
- Mobile Friendliness
- Domain Age, URL and Authority
- Optimized Content
- Technical SEO
- User Experience
- Linked with Social Media
- Real Business Information
What is 301 Redirect?
A 301 redirect is a permanent redirect which transfers within 90-99% of link equity (ranking power) to the redirected page.
What is Domain Name?
A domain name is a unique name that identifies a website that is universally understood by web servers. It has two parts that are separated by a dot, such as example.com. A domain name is part of a URL to identify a website.
Add-on: Refer the PPC Interview Questions 2020
The Bottom Line:
If you are sketching the plan of the job of SEO Analyst, you must stay aware of the interview questions which can be popped before you, equip yourself with all the knowledge you need for the SEO jobs you want to pursue. Take up an SEO Certification Course to build a rewarding career in SEO & enjoy working as an SEO specialist.