Single Page Website SEO Optimization Trick
What is one-page or single-page website? Are you planning to learn SEO or Search Engine Optimization for the one-page website for your business?
Single page websites are sites that consist only one HTML page. Such websites have the menu bar on the top of the page which helps in your page navigation to show the new content of the content section. The pros of the one-page website include its trend and fancy appearance. The con is such websites are not SEO friendly. One-page websites are great if your target is for few important branding keywords. With one-page websites, you won’t be able to drive a lot of search organic traffic as you cannot target a wide range of keywords or topics.
Advantages of One Single Page Websites;
- Cheap and Easy Single page websites save the webspace and bandwidth which reduces the hosting costs. The simplicity of it makes it more attractive. If you have great content that fits a single page with cheap website option then, in that case, it’s a life-saver. It’s easy to maintain because of its simpler one-page appearance.
- Higher Conversion The single page website with sign-ups, subscription or sales gets the job done earlier with high conversion.
- Mobile Responsiveness Most of the one-page websites templates are responsive to mobile, so they look great on smartphones, tablets and desktop.
Disadvantages of Single Page Websites;
- Scalability The scalability of the site becomes more difficult when you create more new content. For which you have to start with a complete redesign of the page with navigation elements.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) It gets difficult for you to rank higher in the organic traffic because targeting wider keywords doesn’t happen here. All of the content created for the site goes under one URL hence social sharing efforts don’t bring greater results.
- Performance Analysis Choosing multi-page website helps you to track the traffic and conversion. When it comes to single page website it gets tougher for you to understand your visitors and reduce the bounce rate.
Having said about the pros and cons of single-page website, let’s see the SEO digital marketing strategy plan that we should follow for one page website;
Web Analytics Implementation
Here’s in detail;
a) Keyword Research – With the single page website, fitting the relevant keywords within the limited content is challenging. So spending the time to pick the best of best keywords via Keyword Research becomes an important digital marketing SEO strategy.
b) Keyword Mapping – Adding pages to your single page website makes it a multi-page website. So what can be done when you have a plan to add a blog or content to the single-page website? Keyword mapping is an important step of on-page SEO where you place your relevant keywords to the specific landing pages. The more relevant is your page to the visitor, the more chances to rank higher. On a multi-page website, you could group your relevant keywords between pages which is not available for a one-page So create different content sections to target the best relevant and semantic group of keywords while on-page SEO. The landing page content section should be separated as home, about, services, blog and more.
c) Content Optimization – Once the grouping of keywords to the specific content section with niche keywords is done we should plan on making the one-page website visible for the search spiders and visitors via SEO process. Separate your content sections with <div>s and H1 tag. Since we are targeting the multiple content section within a single page instead of multiple pages we recommend to use the H1 tag at the beginning of each content section. This helps in keyword optimization. Avoid using more than one H1 tag per section while SEO optimization.
d) Anchor Links – In case of the single-page website the anchor links acts as the main navigation sending visitors to your site’s different content section. Again this gives an opportunity for keyword optimization. The anchor links should be relevant to the context of your site and should contain your targeting keyword. To place an anchor link to your site, start by <div> for the content section followed by adding the link to the targeted keyword.
e) Page Speed – Having all your content and images to one single page affects the loading speed of your website. So image optimization and other page optimization methods should be done during on-page SEO to lessen your loading speed issue.
f) Link Building – Link building (Off-page SEO) is a crucial step that should be followed to drive more rankings and traffic. Building relationships earn backlinks to your site. Avoid spammy links by seeking authoritative link through guest blogging and reviews. Include social media share buttons as well.
g) Analytics Implementation – To analyze the performance of your SEO marketing for single page website, set up the Google Analytics account. Tracking page views on your multiple-page website are easy with Google Analytics but when it comes to single page website the default tracking stops. In single page website, all the code loads once and the page does not reload. So you will find only the page views in your Google Analytics Report. The problem with Analytics tracking is All Pages gets triggered with Page View Tag for per page load. Google Tag Manager helps to simplify the process with History Change Trigger. Enabling the History Change Trigger and configuring the built-in history fragment variables makes your performance tracking easy. Follow the above SEO digital marketing strategy plan to track performance and rank high for your single page website.
If you’re new to SEO or interested to learn in-depth SEO basics & advance, do check eMarket Education Google SEO Training Course for more details.