Why choose Digital Marketing after Engineering?
Engineering teaches us the application of science and maths to solve real-world problems. Likewise, in Digital marketing we learn the various online/ digital techniques to solve business problems. Digital marketing as a career is a good choice for engineers because of their analytical thinking and problem-solving abilities. This course would be a good option for an engineer after his graduation if he wishes to become an entrepreneur to promote his product/service online. If he wishes to do his post-graduation in management like an MBA, this course would be of an added advantage. Engineers can be great Digital Marketers if they have a passion to become one. The advantage for an Engineering candidate is that you already have the knowledge and the technical skills; you just need a platform to have a successful career in digital marketing.
Top reasons, why Digital Marketing for Engineers?
- Analytical skills: Engineers are good at analyzing data and identifying patterns. This is essential for digital marketing, where you need to track the performance of your campaigns and make adjustments as needed.
- Problem-solving skills: Engineers are also good at solving problems. This is important in digital marketing, where you will often encounter challenges such as low traffic or low conversion rates.
- Creativity: Engineers are also creative thinkers. This is important in digital marketing, where you need to come up with new and innovative ways to reach your target audience.
- Technical skills: Engineers have the technical skills to use the various tools and platforms that are used in digital marketing, such as Google Analytics, Google Ads, and social media platforms.
Here is some of the job roles in digital marketing that are a good fit for engineers:
- Digital Marketing Manager: This role is responsible for overseeing all aspects of a company’s digital marketing efforts. Engineers can be successful in this role because they have the skills and knowledge to manage budgets, track performance, and develop and execute marketing campaigns.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Specialist: This role is responsible for improving a website’s ranking in search engine results pages (SERPs). Engineers can be successful in this role because they have the skills to analyze data and optimize websites for search engines.
- Pay-Per-Click (PPC) Specialist: This role is responsible for creating and managing PPC campaigns. Engineers can be successful in this role because they have the skills to analyze data and create effective PPC campaigns.
- Social Media Marketing Specialist: This role is responsible for developing and executing social media marketing campaigns. Engineers can be successful in this role because they have the skills to create engaging content and track the performance of social media campaigns.
Digital Marketing Salary in India 2023
Years of Experience
Salary Offered (Rs. Lacs PA)*
Digital Marketing/SEO/PPC/SMM Freshers
(0 to 1 Year Exp)
2.5 – 4.0
Digital Marketing/SEO/PPC/SMM Specialist
(1 to 4 Years Exp)
4.0 – 6.0
Digital Marketing/SEO/PPC/SMM Team Lead
(4 to 6 Years Exp)
6.0 – 8.0
Digital Marketing/SEO/PPC/SMM Manager
(6 to 8 Years Exp)
8.0 – 10.0
Digital Marketing Manager
(8 to 10 Years Exp)
10.0 – 12.0
Digital Marketing Manager (Based on Technical/Non-Technical Background)
(10 to 12 Years Exp)
12.0 – 19.0
Digital Marketing Head
(12 to 15 Years Exp)
19.0 – 30.0
*The numbers here are indicative in nature and may vary depending on an individual.
If you are an engineer who is interested in a career in digital marketing, there are a few things you can do to prepare:
- Take a Marketing Course Online: There are many online and offline courses that can teach you the skills of digital marketing.
- Get certified: There are many digital marketing certifications that can validate your skills and knowledge.
- Gain experience: The best way to learn digital marketing is by doing it. Get involved in some digital marketing projects, either in your current role or as a volunteer.
- Network with other digital marketers: Attend industry events, join online forums, and connect with other digital marketers on LinkedIn.